28 April 2010

FINAL FANTASY XXI

Yeah, for some reason, I am obssessed with creating the entirety of a Final Fantasy game on my own. I have no idea why, but this will randomly happen with all of my favorite video game franchises somewhere down the line, so it's unsuprising.

Anyways, just so that you can point and laugh at me for being dumb, I want to tell you a little bit about it. FFXXI takes place on a continent of 13 different statehoods, each with their own government. The entirety of the human population is female. Somewhere in the past there was a war that wiped out all of the males...I'm still deciding if it was an estrogen uprising or something else. Obviously, they found a way to solve the reproduction problem.

The women of this world come of age at 17. When they do, a ceremony is held in their honor. At this ceremony, they receive a special name that reflects the nature of their soul, which they keep secret from everyone but those that they trust. They also get to choose a persuasion, which is my idea of gender without gender. There's the Dominant persuasion and the Submisant persuasion, and they sound just like they are. There's nuances and stuff associated with that, but I'll just keep all that to myself.

The story is about a 32-year-old female warrior in service to the Princess of the Barcelone Queendom. Ten years ago, she had fallen in love with a girl who was betrothed to a princess of another region. They eloped and tried to run, but unfortunately the girl was killed. Anyways, the main character is now in love with this princess, but in a political move, she's getting married. And the person she's getting married to is the princess to whom her previous love was engaged to. So it's silly and stupid but for some reason I like it.

...So yeah. Let the making-fun-of commence.

9 comments:

  1. I like it. I really like that a lot.

    Keep thinking on it. It's got the potential to be even more amazing. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's clever because women have the chromosome XX... Well almost...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT ABOUT TEH MENZ?!?!?!?!?!

    Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. ;)
    Sounds pretty interesting actually. I like that your main character is middle aged; you just don't see a lot of middle aged female heroines at all (unless it's a romantic comedy like "It's Complicated").

    I have a question, is this story set in fantasy settings or medieval but 'normal' settings? If you're doing a fantasy setting, please include dragons and dragoons please :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say this is the best FF fanfic concept I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T. C.

    Oh cool, very interesting, I know how hard it is to create a world, with different lands, history, culture and stuff. It sounds right for a FF, you should write it and elavorate :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or how about this...drop the name and make this an original sotry, it's very interesting. Depending on where you take it, there could be the surprise/plot twist that a character is actually male or that there ARE still males somewhere somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As strange as it seems it does sound quite interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figured this one would get some responses. :P

    @Soar: Right now it's a mixture of advanced technological settings with a decidedly medieval sensibility. I'm sure I'll make room for a dragon, and by dragoon, do you mean the job class? Because I have one of those in mind for sure. :3

    @Otacon: That's what's going to happen. I'll come to the realization that this will never happen and then drop the name. Right now really the only reason I've tied it to FF is because of the battle system I have in my head for it. ...Also because I want moogles in it. lol

    ReplyDelete

Phoenix Life Old-School